Community Athletic Sports Academy (CASA) was founded in July 2008 by a group of passionate volunteers with very diverse backgrounds. The 5 founders were:
1. Jerrilie Bylsma - Her background is in Accounting and Non-Profit organizations. She is passionate about CASA’s mission and promoting female participation in Sports. Jerrilie served as the first Threasurer of CASA’s Board of Directos
2. Maribelia Avalos - Maribelia has been organizing successful soccer tournaments and other sports related activities for more than 10 years. She also worked in corporate America in several accounting and finance positions in banks and companies such as McDonald’s Corporation. All those activities were combined with her passion to practice soccer and volley ball at high levels of competition and impecable academic performance. Now her biggest passion is to transmit her love for sports to all the youth in trouble situations and encourage the participation of females in sports.
3. Dennis Witte – His background is in Commercial Real State Development. Dennis is a self-made successfull business owner with a passion to help inner-city families achieve their full potential. He also coached girl’s soccer at Rush Soccer Club for 3 years.
4. Aldo Reza – He started playing soccer at 3 years old and participated at high levels of competition in several countries. In 2002 he started coaching inner cityh kids in Denver volunteering with DPSA. This organization helped him to attend Metropolitan State College of Denver (MSCD). He played soccer for the College representative team and received several academic recognitions. After graduation, he worked in the Finance department for Coors Brewing Company in Golden Colorado.
5. Custodio Avalos - Custo played soccer for MSCD and graduated in 2006 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance. He received several academic recognitions and enjoys sharing his passion for soccer by coaching younger generations. He is a partner in a Business-Accounting and Finance consulting firm in Denver which provides external auditing to CASA financial system.